Microsoft suggests the August 2023 preview updates unveiled this week for Windows 11 and Home windows 10 programs are triggering blue screens with mistakes mentioning an unsupported processor challenge.
The updates in problem are tagged as KB5029351 (Home windows 11) and KB5029331 (Home windows 10), and they occur with Research app fixes and introduce a new Backup application, respectively.
The full listing of afflicted platforms consists of Home windows 10 21H2/22H2 and Windows 11 22H2.
“Microsoft has been given reviews of an challenge in which consumers are receiving an ‘UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR‘ mistake information on a blue display soon after installing updates unveiled on August 2,” Redmond stated.
The corporation also included that the problematic cumulative updates “may possibly automatically uninstall to make it possible for Home windows to start up as anticipated.”
Microsoft is investigating the recently acknowledged recognised difficulty to find out no matter whether it stems from a Microsoft-related lead to.
The business also urged customers encountering these BSOD problems to file a report utilizing the Responses Hub.
To do that, you will have to go through the pursuing techniques:
- Launch Comments Hub by opening the Begin menu and typing “Comments hub”, or pressing the Windows essential + F
- Fill in the “Summarize your opinions” and “Clarify in extra element” packing containers, then click on Future.
- Under the “Choose a class” area, click on the “Challenge” button, and pick out “Install and Update” classification. Then choose “Downloading, setting up, and configuring Home windows Update” subcategory. Simply click Subsequent.
- Under the “Obtain very similar opinions” part, select the “Make new bug” radio button and click on Following.
- Under the “Increase a lot more information” segment, source any pertinent detail (Take note this is not essential to addressing your issue).
- Expand the “Recreate my trouble” box and push “Start off recording”. Reproduce the situation on your device.
- Press “Cease recording” at the time finished. Click on the “Post” button.
This week, Microsoft also introduces a new Home windows 11 policy providing directors with much better regulate about how regular non-safety preview updates are shipped on enterprise devices.
After enabled, end users can decide on amongst owning optional updates mounted routinely or manually picking the kinds they want to acquire.