by Satavisa Pati
October 16, 2021
Average salary(per annum): US$ 289.91 – US$ 14,495.50 per year
Roles and responsibilities: The roles and responsibilities of a Robot Programmer include,
- Help engineers in the design and development of robotics
- Construct robotic devices or systems
- Perform maintenance, both corrective or preventive
- Components need to be disassembled, repaired, and reassembled
- Conduct tests as well as keep a track of the results
- Install, program, as well as repair controllers, tools, etc.
- Analyze installation locations and offer robotics training to operators
- Path programming and/or computer software development
To become a robotics programmer, one will need at least a two-year program in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or other related disciplines.
Other areas that are popular include computer programming and integration, conveyor systems, motion programming, etc., are students should extensively cover.
Top 3 Online Courses:
Algorithms Specialization at Coursera: Algorithms are the heart of computer science, and the subject has countless practical applications as well as intellectual depth. This specialization is an introduction to algorithms for learners with at least a little programming experience. The specialization is rigorous but emphasizes the big picture and conceptual understanding over low-level implementation and mathematical details. After completing this specialization, you will be well-positioned to ace your technical interviews and speak fluently about algorithms with other programmers and computer scientists.
Robotics: Kinematics and Mathematical Foundations at edX: This is an advanced course designed for learners who have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar field. Learners will succeed in this course if they have familiarity with basic operations on matrices and vectors, as well as exposure to derivatives and partial derivatives. The fundamental challenge this course address is how one can create robots that operate well in the real world.
LEGO Robotic C Programming at Udemy: The course teaches you how to use C programming to control the LEGO Robot. It is not the NXT software but more cool cooler NCX coding. You can learn the basic C coding skill and special functions for the LEGO Robot. You can develop an algorithm to let your Robotrobot autopilot the field and find enemies.
Top Institutes Offering the Program:
- NIELIT Lucknow: NIELIT Lucknow is a unit of NIELIT, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India. It offers various short and long-term courses in Information Technology and Electronics. NIELIT Lucknow has trained more than 20,000 students in its 20 years of existence at Gomti Nagar, Lucknow Campus.
- CDAC – Centre for Development of Advanced Computing: The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, also termed C-DAC, is located in Pune, Maharashtra. The institute was established in 1993 by the Government of India as an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Manipal ProLearn, Bangalore: Manipal ProLearn, a leading professional learning platform is a division of Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE). It offers various professional programs across Technology, Digital Marketing, Data Science, Project Management, and Finance domains.
Top Recruiters for This Job:
Philips Corporation: Phillips is a global manufacturing solutions leader that started as a machine tool distributor, they have most recently established a Public-Private Partnership agreement to work with the U.S. Department of Defense to educate, inspire, and redefine the capabilities of additive manufacturing.
ABB Group: The ABB Group consists of several divisions including Power Products, Power Systems, Discrete Automation and Motion, Low Voltage Products, and Process Automation. Technology plays a key role in the success of The ABB Group.
IBM: IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 350,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.
Omron Adept Technology Inc.: Omron Adept Technology, Inc. is a multinational corporation with headquarters in Pleasanton, California. The company focuses on industrial automation and robotics, including software and vision guidance. Adept has offices throughout the United States as well as in Dortmund, Germany, Paris, France, and Singapore.
Apex Automation and Robotics: Apex Automation and Robotics is an Australian company specializing in the design and manufacture of custom-built automation machines.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
Leading 10 Optimum-Having to pay Programming Languages in the Usa
Introducing JDK 21’s Tactic to Novice-Friendly Java Programming
Q&A with new Duke Arts Director of Programming Aaron Shackelford